Monday, February 08, 2010

Yorkie in a Martini Glass

The weather was beautiful here yesterday so we decided to attend a large outdoor art show. When we arrived the crowd was already in full attendance. We luckily found a parking place close to the show and we were browsing the booths in no time.

We stopped at one booth of beautiful paintings and Mr. Pop was talking with the artist about something or the other. As they talked, I glanced over Mr. Pop’s shoulder at another artist’s display. The first thing that caught my eye was a painting of a little Yorkie sitting in a martini glass holding an olive between its paws. Like a flash I was over there and before you could say, “I gotta have this!” it was in my hands. We paid the artist for the prize and as far as I was concerned the rest of the show was just a blur.

On the way home we stopped at a waterfront restaurant for lunch. It was cool out but sunny so we ate outside on the deck right by the water. As we sat there enjoying some great food, I kept this silly smile on my face because I just couldn’t stop thinking about the lucky find of that amazingly perfect picture.

5 Comments:

Blogger fallenmonk said...

You could at least post a picture of your picture. The picture was obviously painted just for you and your little buddy. Who says the Goddess doesn't have a sense of humor.

February 08, 2010 6:28 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Go to www.billmanart.com and you'll see it in the upper left corner. It's the "dog art" link and it's "the black yorkie martini with olive".

February 08, 2010 8:22 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Post the picture!

February 08, 2010 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brim over I assent to but I contemplate the collection should secure more info then it has.

February 08, 2010 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Schmitty said...

My Yorkie has a greeting card company which started after 9/11 to give back to fallen firefighter families and now gives to pets in need. There is a b-day card of Schmitty in a martini glass. Sorry to say - no olive though. Go to schmittysays.com and sniff around.

February 09, 2010 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home