Friday, July 24, 2009

The Snit and Why


Yeah, I have been in a snit ever since I found out that prissy little thing they call Martini is getting to go to the beach with the Pops next week. He even has a little suitcase with his toys, his comb and brush and all the other things I guess they think he needs.

Where will I be Monday morning while they’re all excited and getting ready to hit the road? You guessed it, I’ll be at the vet’s in the boarding facility. Sure doesn’t exactly sound like a week at the beach, does it? While prissy pants is all snuggled up with the Pops, I’ll be all snuggled up with my bad assed attitude. While prissy pants is getting to go to the fancy dog and cat supply store next week, what do I get to do? I get to look at the other loser cats who didn’t get to go on vacation and they ended up being boarded.

But there is always the flip side. While I’m at the vet’s I get to drive everyone there crazy as I hiss and growl whenever a human comes near me. I love the looks I get when I growl at the kennel girl and she goes by mumbling, “Fred, what is your problem?” If she would come closer I would show her my problem, all twenty of these long sharp claws might be just for her.

So next week Pop won’t be posting here and I sure as hell don’t intend to post when they bring me home next Friday afternoon. I gotta keep this attitude going right through next weekend. So Pop wanted me to tell you that she will most likely talk to you a week from Monday, but who knows she just might pop up sometime next weekend.

Have a great weekend and a great week. If you things are going bad for you, just think of me at the vet’s as I think of prissy pants with the Pops at the beach. Grrrr!

Sincerely,
Fred the Cat (the cat who loves you guys!)

12 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

just think of sand in fur while you are comfy at the vets fred!

July 24, 2009 5:42 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Fred you'll be enjoying the air conditioning and won't have to sit in the hot sand and get sand in your food and in your coat. No long ride in the car and think of the fun scaring the nice people at the vet. Your the one getting the vacation.

July 24, 2009 6:52 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Well, Fred, when I was a kid we had a kitty (name: Kitty) who went with us to the beach. The trouble was, he had feline leukemia; still, we felt like he should see the beach before he passed, you know? We thought the sea air would do him good.

He had a blast, running alongside us on the beach, daring the waves to wet him and eating grilled chicken tidbits whenever we cooked out. It was his last hurrah, however; he died on the way home.

So in my young mind, beach=Kitty death. I would hate for the same to happen to you, so I'm kinda glad you'll be staying home.

Rest up, fella, and give some uber-attitude to Pop, Mr. Pop, and Fancy Pants when they come home.

July 24, 2009 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred,

Maybe Pop could try getting you a sitter instead of boarding. A person comes in a couple times a day to see to all your needs plus a little playtime. We still have all the comforts of home. That is what our mom and dad do for us.

Your friends,
Zoey, Ben and B.B.

July 24, 2009 8:37 AM  
Blogger FreakyNick said...

Give 'em hell, Fred, you might as well have some fun.

July 24, 2009 9:37 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

I think next time, you should go on vacation and have them boarded up.

July 24, 2009 10:10 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Oh Fred, so sorry to hear of your coming incarceration. Baxter complains when we leave him home but he really doesn't mind all that much since he has the house to himself and just gets visited by a friend of his Humans. But I know not everyone is lucky enough to have someone willing to come wait on their cat so to the vet's they must go. And remember, Fred, at least you're already at the vet's in case you don't feel well. That is always a good thing.

Hope the POPs and Martini have a great vacation and we look forward to hearing about it when they return.

July 28, 2009 6:11 AM  
Blogger s. douglas said...

Figures, I return, and you head off to the beach.

Have fun, and watch out for jellyfish.

July 29, 2009 8:26 AM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

Fred, put yer stuff in an old bandana, tie it to a stick, and hit the road! You don't need these people....

July 31, 2009 9:45 AM  
Blogger Cujo359 said...

Count your blessings, Fred. Some cats have to ride with their humans in a car all the way to wherever their vacation is. You get to stay with a whole bunch of folks who love being around cats.

July 31, 2009 6:33 PM  
Blogger Freida Bee said...

I bet you'll be way cooler than all those loser cats. You'll be their role model. You never know which brilliant young cat minds you'll be influencing, so take your cool cat responsibilities in stride, Fred, and be sure to milk the guilt when you all get home.

August 01, 2009 1:58 PM  
Blogger Tootie said...

Oh my, I can see why you are in a snit! I just read the return home post.

You poor precious kitty! I'm sure if you could work on your 'bad self attitude' you might get to go along next time. :-) Who knows? It couldn't hurt to give it a try.

August 03, 2009 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home