Monday, March 15, 2010

My Salad Garden

Along with my usual herb garden this year, we are planting a salad garden. Mr. Pop prepared the spot this weekend and next weekend we will get the peppers, cucumbers and lettuce plants. I already have tomato plants growing in a pot on the patio. My goal is to at some point make a salad completely from my little garden. For me, that would be huge since most of my attempts at gardens in the past have been less than bountiful. If nothing else, it will be fun and who can’t use a little fun these days?

4 Comments:

Blogger fallenmonk said...

Good Luck! Nothing better than a salad just picked from your own garden. What's even better is to stand in your garden and eat a salad right then and there.

March 15, 2010 7:11 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Good Luck indeed!

I've done ok with radishes, tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, carrots and beans, but I have never been able to grow lettuce well. Mine is always bitter and unpleasant. I hope yours is better!

March 15, 2010 7:16 AM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

Wonderful. I wish we could plant so early in the season like you.
Years ago, we'd plant a huge garden, over an acre. We'd have a ceremony when the first radish was ready to be picked. (Radishes seem to always grow quickly).
We did have a meal completely from our garden and small farmette. Chicken, corn, potatoes and green beans. (But the kids wouldn't eat the chicken because they named them and decided they were pets.)
Good luck with the salad garden and everything else.

Peace.

March 16, 2010 3:36 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

I was able to do that for a couple of summers at the Marsh House--it rocks! I've also done salsa gardens, growing the 'maters, serranos, onions, and cilantro myself. It's just so satisfying. Good luck, PoP!

March 16, 2010 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home