Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On the Wagon for a Day

Yesterday morning Mr. Pop took Martini with him on his way to the lab. Martini was dropped off at the vet’s for his appointment to have his teeth cleaned. So why was I crying off and on all day? Because I missed my little friend and buddy.

This was the longest Martini and I have been apart since February 5th of this year, the day he became our little dog. Sure he has been to the groomer’s many times, but that’s always on Saturday morning when we drop him off there, do our weekly shopping, come home put the groceries away and then go and pick him up. Until yesterday I had never been home alone without him for more than seven months which is also ever.

To make matters worse, I couldn’t give him his breakfast yesterday morning as per the vet’s instructions. That sweet little dog face kept looking at me and begging for food. He was hungry and just didn’t understand why we weren’t going through our usual morning routine. My heart breaks rather easily sometimes.

So yesterday was a long day without my little Martini. I guess you could say I was forced to go on the emotional wagon for most of a day.

***
This Saturday, Martini goes to the groomer and later if the weather is nice outside we’ll put his new shirt on him and get some pictures that I can post next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sewmouse said...

It is so very hard when you can't explain something to our furry family members.

Last week I had to make the hard choice and let Mindi go. Her kidneys had totally shut down. Poor thing was not even totally "there" anymore.

Her sister (litter-mates) is still quite healthy and active - and very vocal about how she can't find Mindi. *sigh*

September 23, 2009 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home