Monday, February 20, 2006

Sinning on Sunday

I believe on Sundays there’s a flood of incoming messages to god. People all over are at church asking for guidance and begging to be forgiven for the multitude of sins they blatantly committed during the previous week. I mean the eyes and ears of god have got to be in overload mode, so that’s the day I can sin and probably not even be a blip on the heavenly radar.

Sunday morning I get all caffeinated up and break the eleventh commandment. You know, the one that states, thou shall not lounge around in one’s pj’s until almost noon. Yep, I break the hell out of that one almost every Sunday.

I wake up, consume a couple of cups of caffeine and, still clad in pajamas, perch on my barstool in the kitchen all ready to watch the Sunday morning news shows. Okay, I’m using the word “news” very lightly.

Then I break the twelfth commandment. That’s the one that says thou shall not yell obscenities and utter cattie comments at the faces of televised Republicans and occasionally Democrats,

Yesterday was a good sinning day. On “Meet the Press”, Mary Matalin showed up. It was tough to concentrate on Mary’s vile little whiffs of dialog because she evidently decided to pin her most recent Christmas tree topper on to her blouse. I mean what the hell was that thing? It looked like it could pickup signals from worldwide TV stations. Whatever the thing was it must have irritated her too because she sure was in a pissy mood. She was striking out like a cornered rattlesnake. Guess that’s the way you act when your best bud, Dick, had been raked over the coals all week. Suck it up, Mary.

On another show we were treated to Mr. Serious face, Bill Frist. What were the first words out of Dr. Eerie’s mouth? You got it. He announced for the bizillionth time that he was a surgeon. He was asked if Mr. Whittington could live with that pellet lodged in his heart. Frist smiled and said, yes. He went on to say that doctors often leave pellets, bullets and shrapnel in people. I expected to go even farther and say they used to leave cannonballs in people too, but he didn’t.

There were other shows and other guests but as usual, not much of anything worth watching, much less worthy of discussion today. David Gregory did apologize for telling Scotty to go piss up a rope. Okay, those weren’t his exact words, but what was that all about? Why would he apologize for losing his temper due to Scottie’s refusal to answer his questions? Now, there was some real sinning on Sunday.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were a sorry bunch, PoPatricia. A balanced panel seems to mean right and right-er. I was a little distracted by the satellite dish on Mary's lapel, too, since it was bigger than her head. Perhaps she thought she could hide behind it if the heat went up, which, of course, it didn't.

Dr. Frist (Strangelove-Terri Schiavo is alive!) saw Harry do a press conference with a pellet in his heart, so that was a no-brainer and, therefore up Bill's alley since he has no brain.

But it wasn;y totally a wasted Sunday morning. I mean, the coffee was excellent, wasn't it?

February 20, 2006 4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant WASN'T. Sorry

February 20, 2006 4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just reading HuffPo, and not only does she criticize Mary M. but at the end of her story, gives links to all the sites who had issues with Maty, as well. Here's HuffPo:
what was that flower?

February 20, 2006 4:59 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Thanks for that link colleen. At least I wasn't the only one blinded by the tinfoil pinwheel she was wearing. LOL

February 20, 2006 5:32 AM  
Blogger MadMustard said...

PoP, I admit that I didn't even notice the 'thing' on her blouse. If it is designed to receive anything, it must be 'talking points'. Two TP's got my attention that I anticipate the ditto-heads will be repeating soon.

1. Parallel universe, she used it at least 3 times. It reminds me of the story line on an old episode of Star Trek, when Kirk and Spock were trapped in a parallel universe. In the other universe, all moral virtues were 180 degrees out of phase. That is a good description of the alternate reality spun by the GOP.

2. She described the WH press corps of conducting a 'jihad'! Gregory took an immediate offense to that comment and his rebuttal made Matalin retort that he was saving his comment to spring on her. It was a strange case for her to make, as it is obvious the 'jihad' comment was a scripted remark on her part.

February 20, 2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Maureen was cool throughout the whole show and Mary was frantically trying to cover Cheney's ass. It was almost funny. I liked that Timmy let Mary rant on, it was kind of a old give her enough rope deal.

February 20, 2006 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flower was the female version of the box under the suit jacket.

February 20, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Wadena said...

Hey. I've been in my PJs 'til noon every day of this three day weekend.....I'm thrilled and not feeling a bit guilty.

I like your writing. It's kinda like mine.....maybe it's the PJs.

I've been having fun with the ballistics issue.

Stop by.

February 20, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I was wondering about the cannonballs too. I hope the poor man doesn't fly. Does he have to tell the folks at the metal detectors: "I have a whole bunch of pellets in me from when the Vice-President shot me!" Which should bring cries of "Security! We got us a loony!"

February 21, 2006 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home