Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Driver’s License Saga Continues

I went to the eye doctor today and what a surprise. Even without my glasses my eyes are strong enough to have passed the driver’s license eye test. He did prescribe a tad stronger lens for my right eye but that was just because he said things at a distance would appear a bit “crisper” to me. It was such a slight change that he didn’t even encourage me to change the prescription in my sunglasses.

So next week when I get the new lens I will go back to the driver’s license office with the form the doctor filled out and see if the third time of trying is a charm.

To quote my eye doctor the guy at the driver’s license office is just “messing” with me and if I want him too, my doctor said he would go along with me next time.

Hopefully that won’t be necessary. But it’s nice to have a professional on my side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mauigirl said...

Hope this time you get your license renewal! They make it harder every year. Here in NJ we have a whole "point system" of identification we have to bring with us to renew. I have to bring my passport or birth certificate, and a number of other identity papers to ensure that they know I'm me. It's annoying!!

March 24, 2011 6:45 PM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

You know, POP, as I recall, if you don't let it expire before renewing it's only a matter of mailing the bloodsuckers more money.

But since my last trip through KW, the Everglades, and Naples in 2009 there is nothing I wouldn't put past those politico types down there in the most sophisticated Banana Republic on Earth.

I cannot believe I spent 10 years in that economic vacuum known as FL because of my experiences as a child in St. Pete. Jeb Bush should be crucified.

March 26, 2011 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home