Monday, November 10, 2008

Molly

I am so excited that I can barely type. We went to PetSmart yesterday to get wild birdseed. As we walked in the door we saw the local humane society was there with four of their dogs. I glanced at the dogs and oh my goodness, there was my new little buddy.

She is three years old and her name is Molly. She’s a west highland white terrier or a “Westie”. She’s spayed and housebroken. She’s also crate trained. She fell in love with me and the feeling was mutual. We filled out the application and hopefully she will be here with me tonight. I will have pictures later this week. She needs a trip to the groomer to get her all clean and pretty.

She was left at the humane society because she belonged to an older woman who was having to move in with her daughter and her son in law. The son in law wouldn’t allow this lady to bring her little dog along, so Molly ended up without a home. She’s only been at the shelter a few days so she hasn’t learned any bad habits.

I’m crying and laughing as I write this. I’m just thinking about the holidays with Mr. Pop, Fred the Cat, Molly and me. This is going to be fun!

17 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

Yay!!!! Mazeltov, congrats, and all that good stuff. Hope Fred's as happy as you are. Heh ...

November 10, 2008 2:53 AM  
Blogger billie said...

i am glad for you!!! and sorry that the sil of that older lady is such a bastard. hugs to fred on his new pal too :)

November 10, 2008 5:14 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

YAY!!!! Is there any way to let the old lady know that Molly has found a good home?

November 10, 2008 6:02 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Oh Yay! Let's hope Fred gets along well with Molly!

Luf, Us

November 10, 2008 6:11 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh how great and what a jerk that poor lady's son-in-law is!

November 10, 2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Yay! I knew it wouldn't taske yo long to find a new canine buddy.

November 10, 2008 7:39 AM  
Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

Here's hoping for a smooth transition period between Molly and Fred.

November 10, 2008 7:41 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Oh how wonderful! I'm so happy for you and for Molly!

November 10, 2008 7:49 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

That's such great news! I like Jazz's idea, if you can let the woman know that Molly has found such a good home. Yay Molly! Yay for the Pop family!

November 10, 2008 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting, a new family member! My last three blackdogs were on borrowed time when I adopted them, the only one left now is Woof, Chop and Rowd wait for us in the upper Owens Valley where the grass is green, the sky is blue, the river is clear and full of trout.

November 10, 2008 8:26 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

wonderful news!

November 10, 2008 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so excited for Molly and the entire Pop family! If you haven't had terriers before, Pop, you are in for a treat. They have the goofiest personalities on the planet. They definitely know how to play!

Love from Via and Angus and Bramble the Airedales. Terriers Rule!

November 10, 2008 10:13 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Congratulations!

Molly's one lucky dog.

November 10, 2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

happy day, PoP!
I know this has been a long time coming. glad it finally worked out for you and for Molly!

and, yes, I hope you can get word to the lady she lived with before that she has found a loving home.

November 10, 2008 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!!! Enjoy!

November 10, 2008 12:13 PM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Hope Fred and his new sister are as happy together as you sound right now!

Congrats on the new family member.

*pat pat pat* Molly's head

November 10, 2008 1:53 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Congradulations to the new mommie/daddie & brother!

November 10, 2008 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home